Well the first phase is coming along nicely. The framework for the cabinets is in place. Everything is primed and ready for paint.
The unpainted portion of the stringers doesn't get primer since I'll be gluing and fastening the faces to the framework. I've also taped those mating surfaces in preparation for paint.
I added some extra bracing in the middle of the cabinets that spanned more than 50 inches so that I can use 1/2 inch plywood for these fixed shelves instead of 3/4 inch. The 3/4 inch will be used for the adjustable shelves though. I won't be adding the adjustable shelves until I see how the space gets utilized.
You can also see the steel post legs I made to support the front of the cabinets. I used two pieces of 1-1/2 inch angle iron welded at right angles, then welded the 3/4 inch pipe with threaded foot onto the angle. The threaded foot provides the adjustment needed for a snug fit, and the angle portion is screwed to the underside of the framework. The pair of legs is duplicated on the other side, but weren't attached in the picture above (behind the engine).
No comments:
Post a Comment