Friday, September 5, 2008

Electric!

I came across a couple of articles that fit in with our previous Electric discussion. One discusses a new electric vehicle and hybrid-electric that can be run run for pennies/mile, and provide a range of over 120 miles on all electric.

Aptera Test Drive

The Aptera

The other article is about roof-top wind turbines of unconventional design.

This is very encouraging reading. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Lost Faie said...

i'm thinking after i buy a new car i might turn the honda into an electric...

Porsche Guy said...

Jer,

I think that's a good idea. The only big drawback is that the battery technology is still too far behind everything else. The newer batteries that have been developed (lithium & nickel-metal-hydride) are still too expensive for such large-scale use.
To go with lead-acid adds sooo much weight that performance suffers, and they have a short life span - needing replacement within 5 years (IIRC).

Keep looking though. There's got to be something along soon that will enable people to brake this barrier into conversion EV's.

Sil said...

I made a 1337 blogg thingy also :)